Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Here in tucson with record setting heat. Makes things seem kind of quiet.

I'm painting with oils right now - if I tried to use acrylics here they would dry on the brush before I even got close to the canvas. Acrylics eat up brushes too fast even in the best of circumstances.

Much work on "Why I Paint" - a tribute to Joe Brainard's "I Remember".

If you've got any interest in learning about Buddhism, please look into B. Allan Wallace's "Buddhism with an Attitude". Not a great title, but a wonderful introduction to Buddhism in the form of a study of the Mind Training Points.

Jared Diamond is getting lots of coverage lately. Hope it's in time!

Here's evening at the ranch:



that's my painting light in the background left. Thanks Heather! Hope you enjoy your time in Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment